At the heart of BC Group, is a committed team of amazing people. We are focused on building an exceptional work environment where our people can bring their very best to work every day. We believe in hard work, collaboration and authenticity.
We are pioneers building a new fintech ecosystem and looking for like-minded people to join our team. If you are someone who is driven by making a difference, we would be excited to talk to you!
The Trading Technology team is responsible for the reliability and scalability of all the services that provide the trading platform, including supporting services of databases and messaging.
● Rationalise the management of the infrastructure by leveraging infrastructure-as-code practices using tools such as Ansible and Terraform
● Manage, monitor and operate the system platform to ensure all business functions run smoothly
● Automate system operations to attain high level of efficiency
● Design, provision, manage, and own cloud resources providing highly reliable services
● Establish and implement contingency strategies for a complex trading system architecture
● Provide guidance, insight, and subject matter expertise
● Create and maintain the operational documents
● Work with Development and Service Delivery teams to improve automation, testing, monitoring and alerting for Trading services
● Provide leadership in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning
● Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science is required
● Understanding good principles of system engineering with at least 6+ years’ experience in working in an Agile environment
● Strong engineering skill set with a firm grasp of fundamental Computer Science principles and a test-driven approach to development
● Familiarity with AWS cloud services, and the design/implementation of infrastructure components with stringent reliability and performance requirements, including disaster recovery/failover mechanisms
● A keen analytical mind and a methodical approach to problem solving. You enjoy trying to break things and finding out how things work
● Ability to drive projects end-to-end and excel with minimal technical supervision, while embracing reliability constraints and proactiveness
● Capacity to multitask and give equal attention to a variety of functions while under pressure
● Ability to adapt to changing priorities within a fast-moving industry and startup culture
● Financial experience at an Investment Bank / Hedge Fund / Trading Firm or working in a co-located trading environment is a big plus