At the heart of BC Group, is a committed team of amazing people. We are focused on building an exceptional work environment where our people can bring their very best to work every day. We believe in hard work, collaboration and authenticity.
We are pioneers building a new fintech ecosystem and looking for like-minded people to join our team. If you are someone who is driven by making a difference, we would be excited to talk to you!
About the Role
We are looking for a Principal Engineer to join our team. Passion for technology and for continuous learning and improvement are the main requirements for this role. You will become a key part of this exclusive team developing trading platforms in the emerging digital asset space. This will include working closely with our trading desk and flagship institutional exchange. You will work on a mix of greenfield and brownfield projects with strong focus on incremental continuous delivery of value. You should be an advocate for Agile and DevOps working styles with strong knowledge of automation, test driven development and a desire to help your teammates improve.
- Work as a key member of a cross functional technology team
- Be knowledgeable and experience in software development lifecycle from gathering ideas, software delivery, testing, operation, and support
- Mentor junior colleagues
- Be a champion of the use of new tools and techniques
- Help drive continuous improvement culture across BC Group
- Above all strive every day to fulfil BC Group’s mission to unleash the full potential of the digital assets ecosystem
- Passion for technology and continuous learning
- Strong software development skills in one or more development languages such as Java EE 8 (or later), Kotlin, Go or similar and willingness to learn and use others as required to deliver solutions
- Experience with RESTful API and WebSocket
- Experience in micro services architecture
- Experience using modern software development practises such as Agile and DevSecOps
- Experience with test driven development (including TDD and BDD), continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Strong communication skills and passion for sharing best practises with others
- Experience with AWS (or other similar cloud providers). Containers, orchestration and other related technologies are advantageous
- Exposure to blockchain, digital assets or traditional finance highly regarded