Linux Engineer/System Administrator
- Employment Type:Full Time
- Location:Hong Kong
- Business Unit: HK
Backed by BC Technology Group (stock code: 863 HK), Asia’s only listed, licensed and ‘Bigfour’-audited digital asset and fintech company, OSL is Asia’s largest digital asset platform, providing prime brokerage, custody, exchange and SaaS services for institutional clients and professional investors.
The company offers OTC, iRFQ and electronic trading services giving traders access to the world’s deepest liquidity pools, digital asset borrowing and lending, as well as secure, insured wallets to ensure the safekeeping of digital assets with timely transaction settlement.
OSL is the trusted gateway to the digital asset economy.
The Client Services team is responsible for the operation and reliability of all the trading and supporting services ( messaging, databases )
- Work closely within the Technology team to deploy and support Linux systems in Datacentres (VMware) and AWS Cloud
- Rationalise the management of the infrastructure by using infrastructure-as-code tools such as Ansible and Terraform
- Manage, monitor and operate the systems to ensure all business functions running smoothly
- Automate operations to attain a high level of efficiency
- Design, provision, manage, and own cloud resources providing highly-reliable Infrastructure components
- Support on call a complex 24x7 financial trading environment
- Provide guidance, insight, and subject matter expertise on the Linux stack, shared services, including performance tuning applications, troubleshooting production issues, and implementing best practices
- Create and maintain the operational documents to reflect changes and upgrades
- Work with Development and Service Delivery teams to improve automation, testing, monitoring and alerting
- Participate in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning
- 3-5 years experience as a Linux system administrator/engineer
- Experience managing datacentre and cloud environments
- You follow good principles of system engineering and are used to working in an Agile environment.
- A keen analytical mind and a strong, methodical approach to problem solving.
- Capacity to multitask and give equal attention to a variety of functions while under pressure
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities within a fast moving industry and startup culture